Thursday, September 11, 2008

TIM GUNN TALKS ME THROUGH A STROKE...

TIM: Another long face? That's twice this week, you're bringing me down. What's wrong this time? Did you look for shoes or something?

ME: Gosh Tim, it's not always about fashion is it?

TIM: Yes. Yes it is.

ME: Oh. Well, I bought a little shirt today. It's from the Juniors' section. Am I overdoing it? You know, buying from that section when I'm my age?

TIM: Does it fit, or is it tight enough to make your neck swell?

ME: Oh, it fits, it's a large in Juniors, but it fits okay. I just feel, um, what's the word...

TIM: Needy?

ME: OH! Okay. Do you think that's the appropriate word?

TIM: Deborah, this is YOUR blog, the word "needy" is in your blog description. I didn't come up with it, you did. I merely looked heavenward while you were fumbling with words and I saw it there, over your head. It's right there, in red.

ME: Okay, maybe it feels good to purchase something in the Juniors' section at my age. Maybe it's an ego stroke of sorts.

TIM: Could be. You know, at your age, strokes happen, might as well let them involve your ego as opposed to say, your cerebellum. Carry on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love these Tim Gunn conversations. you should send the real Tim Gunn copies of these. minimally, he would get a laugh out of them. well, his PEEPS would get a laugh - he'd probably never see them. however, and this is where it really gets fun, maybe he WOULD see them and maybe he'd write back to you or offer to co-write this blog with you or, best of all, have you on the show. better still, maybe he'll have ME on the show!

The Katzbox said...

Well, maybe you could get your OWN show and have HIM on YOUR show as a guest....HA!

Emmy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this shirt. . .you look so freaking cute in it.
Can I get on someone's show? Just for fun.

The Katzbox said...

Oh yea!!! You saw the shirt, thanks!!!. Do I use too many exclamation marks??? Question marks??? And thanks honey.

The Katzbox said...

Em dog should have her own show. Your eye is fabbo. What would we call it?...."EM DOG'S EYE FOR THE SHY"....no....Well, we'll come up with something, but you should have your own show so I'll have a vehicle to shill about my all of my book ideas.